Sunday, June 5, 2011

Guys, I realllyyyy have to pee


Yesterday we had paella carne for lunch. It was really good and I even tried the artichokes. Later we had tutoring with Jose. He’s so cute! He’s under 5’8 and wears jeans and flip flops. He really likes the English expression “shit a brick” and he’s obsessed with Diana Ross. He gave us a lesson on ser and estar but focused more on different phrases. I was falling asleep. I think it’s probably cause I haven’t eaten iron since I’ve been here. Whoops! After tutorias, Michelle, Melissa, Danielle, Carina, Maureen, Nicole, and I went to café futbol to get churros y chocolate. We split una jarra de sangria tropical. It was so good! But Maureen had four glasses of it so I only got one while everyone else got two. That’s jenk as Danielle would say. We had ravioli for dinner and Maria, our host mom, told us her cousin died yesterday! :[ So we got her flowers after school.

Today a girl in my class, Amy, and I tried to get William to move. William is from Hong Kong and is really nice, but insists on talking to me while the professor is talking, and we all know I have enough trouble hearing people, nevermind when other people are talking to me. He also puts his elbows on my desk and hits Amy’s feet every five seconds. The way the seats are set up, he sits in the corner of the room and my desk and Amy’s block his. Amy put her bag on the chair and we moved our desks so that we would have to move our entire desk for him to fit through. Of course he walks in to class and stands right in front of us and waits for us to move it. After the break, Amy told him that he would probably have more room on the other side of the room with the three empty seats now that people have left our class. I’m glad she did because he was annoying me.

After class, we went to the little shops near the cathedral. We had no idea where they were so it was a process to get there. I got people some gifts and I got myself a bracelet. I can’t wait to give people what I got them. I got a few postcards and sent Sam one for her birthday. (Nikki if you read this, please don’t get mad, you will get one soon! Hers had a time constraint. But I got you a gift already and it’s your favorite color! So I hope that makes up for it :] ) Michelle and I tried to make it back quickly to be on time for lunch and ended up getting lost. Wah Wah. We weren’t that late though.

After lunch we napped and went to a meeting. Everyone decided to meet at 10:30 to go to a tapas bar. We found a little tent with music and drinks in one of the plazas. It was fun, but there were these extremely drunk French guys that decided to dance on our table and broke it. We had tinto de verano which is wine, soda, and other stuff. Then Carina had to pee so bad so we had to go to Burger King (yes, they have a burger king…) and buy something to use it. It was the nicest burger king I’ve ever seen! They tried to find a bar after, but Michelle and I just went home because we had class in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment