Sunday, June 19, 2011

¡Vamos mi Granada, vamos campeon!


Friday night we went to the club. Courtney, Maureen, Melissa and I had paid to go in but Danielle and Michelle ended up not coming in because it was a little expensive and pretty late anyways. The four of us were followed the entire night by this group of three guys. At first we nicely told them we did not want to dance with them. After the third time that we moved only to find them 5 feet away, we weren’t so nice. Eventually they got the hint. One looked like he was about 40, so I don’t even know why he was there. We left around 4:30.

Saturday morning, Michelle and I slept in and went shopping with Danielle. I got a strapless bathing suit top so I can try to get rid of my sweet tan lines. I also got a dress for the goodbye dinner next week and a bag. It’s actually a satchel, (I keep my skittles in there..) We also went to the markets near the Catedral and I got the last of my presents for home. We saw Melissa, Courtney, and Maureen and they told us there was a huge game on that night for Granada C.F. If they won, they would move up to the first division (the one with Real Madrid and Barcelona).

We thought it was at 7, so we didn’t tell Maria we wouldn’t be home for dinner. Then we found out it was at 9, so we figured we could stay til the half time and get home at 10 since Maria doesn’t even get home until 10 some nights. We went to Hannigan’s and watched the first half and some guy helped us learn the fight song. The only part we really remember is “Vamos mi Granada, vamos campeon” which roughly translates to Let’s go (my) Granada, we’re going (to be) champions.

Michelle and I got home right at 10, only to find Maria in the hallway waiting (while on the phone). We see her and she yells, “¿DONDE ESTAIS?” We tried to explain that we were coming from the game. Then she told us at dinner that she wasn’t mad, but next time we should have asked her for a sandwich to go. She thought it was ridiculous that we were missing the game to come home for dinner. We were planning to catch the end after dinner, but hadn’t mentioned it before she said, “you must leave running so you can see the ending!” And that we did. We got to the bar near our house with 2 minutes left of so. It was tied 1-1 and went into overtime. We were pretty far away, but could clearly see Granada’s breakaway from about midfield to score for the win. The place went insane! I guess that makes up for not being in Boston when the Bruins won. We went to meet up with the same group again and could barely make it down the street. People were hanging out of cars and honking. We went to a bar for a little but then went home around 2:30.

Today we went to Salobreña, a beach nearby. We got on the right bus (barely) and made it there. It was so hot! But the water was freezing. Just as cold as at home in the early summer. We went in anyway though. Now we’re just going to relax and do our homework. Maria won’t be here for dinner. She must have explained to me 7 times how to heat up the microwave pizza. I think I can handle that, but she seemed adamant on telling me to put it on the plate and to put it in the microwave. Nothing else is new. It was a low key, fun weekend.

Me piro, rampiro.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of your blogging LT! :) Enjoy the rest of your stay! Take TONS of pictures for me!!!! Miss and love you terribly!

    ReplyDelete