Sunday, June 5, 2011


Today we had our first day of class. We are in a different building than the main center, so we have a 40 minute walk to class. There are about 12 people in my class, one guy is about 75 and has worse hearing than I do! Melissa and Nicole are the only ones from Central in my class. We basically learned the logistics of the courses and played getting to know you games. We had a little homework and have to present the information we learned about the person in the class that we interviewed.

After class, a few of us went to the book store to buy the book for our class and a sweatshirt from la Universidad de Granada. (I got a purple one, shocker.) Then we ate lunch and met up with the rest of the group for a tour of Albaycín, which is a sub-section of Granada up the side of the mountain. There are many gypsies there. When we got to the top, there was a beautiful view of the city, Alhambra, and the Sierra Nevada. We took a few pictures and went back down.

After the tour we had a meeting with Veronica, followed by a lecture from Jose on the uses of olive oil in Spain. After the long tour, I was exhausted and could barely pay attention, but we did talk about HDL and LDL cholesterol, and I actually followed what he was talking about. Nikki would be proud! I was the only one who knew what it was and I told him it was because my sister is a dietician.

I think I’m going to learn a lot in my classes and a lot of history from our excursions. We start tutorials tomorrow with 3 or 4 of the people in the program and Jose. I think I lost my phone today, so I’ll probably have to buy a new one tomorrow :[ wah wah. I had to add more international minutes anyway, and the phone only cost 19 Euros, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment