Friday, June 17, 2011


Haven’t written for a while. This week flew by! Monday night we went to an Irish pub. Surprisingly, there are a lot of those. Ethan and Amy came with us, too.

Tuesday was pretty low key. Michelle and I just went to the internet place for a bit so that we could book our hotel for Portugal! We leave next Thursday morning and we come home Sunday (our bus is at 1:15 am. ¡Coño!). But there is a fiesta all day on Sunday for Corpus Christi, so we’ll be back in time for that.

Wednesday we had a tutorial on the bull fight that we’re going to next Wednesday. I have a feeling I’m not really going to like it, but they said there is a ton of other stuff going on around you so you don’t need to watch. After, Michelle and I went home and got our bocadillo that our señora insisted on making us for dinner so we could take it to the park and watch the lunar eclipse. I don’t think she realized the lunar eclipse wasn’t until 11:30, not 9. But we ate in the park anyway and then met up with Amy, Ethan, Ethan’s host brother Elio, and his friends Ana, Ana, and Patri. We went to a tapas place far from all the touristy spots and they tapas were the best we’ve had. They know a little more English than we do Spanish, so they were helping us out if we didn’t know a word. It was nice to talk to someone who wasn’t shaking their head at you everytime you mis-conjugate a word. A lot of the adults here aren’t as patient with us, but I think since they’re learning English they understand how hard it can be. They were really artsy and not people I would normally see myself hanging out with, but they were so nice and extremely funny.

Thursday, we had fried calamari for lunch. It was really fresh. No dipping sauce though, so it was kinda weird. That night, we had a meeting with Veronica and a lecture from Aurelio. He does most of our tours and is SO boring. He got the dates mixed up and couldn’t come to Sevilla and Córdoba with us as planned, so instead we got to have over an hour long lecture on the mezquita in Córdoba. We also learned Arabic and about Islam. It was such a waste of time. We spent 15 minutes doing virtual tours of the mosque. That’s funny, because I vividly remember actually being there about 4 days early. ¡Cabrón! After the meeting, we went to Chile Grande for 1 euro margaritas and Mexican food. I got tacos, but they aren’t as good as Mom’s. After we went to salsa lessons. It’s a cumulative thing, but Michelle and I tagged along to try. He was going pretty quick but the steps were easy so I could keep up. Danielle got some video of it and took some pictures on my camera.

Today I went for a run. I only ran for a little less than 25 minutes. I could have run long if it weren’t 100 degrees… (¡Joder, que calor!) I’m going to attempt to run longer this weekend, but it could get up to 105. I’d rather not pass out in the park. Tonight we’re going out for tapas for Amy’s birthday and then going to the discoteca. Michelle and I haven’t gone to one yet, so we’ll see how it goes. They stay until 6 or 8 am. I’m not even a big fan of going to the club at home, but I want to go at least once while I’m here.

No comments:

Post a Comment